Very interesting article, thanks for sharing!
astounding work there - hope someone important notices! I'm just jrpg fan. . . somebody needs to hire you!
Yasss you guys rule so much LOVE please do the next part!!!
Check out an easy to use spawn system for UE4 that will save you a lot on performance in open world games. Spawning and despawning are dealt with by the Blueprints, example AI is also included. You can also mix the system with your own AI.
The system makes sure that when your player is too far away from AI, it doesn’t exist. The thing will also let you pawn different groups of AI and add randomization.
If you are working on an open world game, or a game with bigger levels this system will probably help a lot in performance.
It will also help you save time by quickly setting up spawn points.
This package contains some basic AI in there mostly done for demonstration purposes. (Done in Blueprint).
- Roaming AI (Walk around to random locations within a set area)
- Stationary AI (Perfect set-up for spawning NPC’s or vendors)
- Path AI + Path system (An easy to use path system so you can set-up AI paths in a matter of seconds) (the spawned AI will then follow the path you assign)
- All AI can be friendly or enemy. (If it’s set to enemy it will behave as a simple Zombie AI)
- A spawn and de-spawn system perfect for open world games.
- Cleans up after itself to make sure it’s very performance friendly.
- Example AI. (Friendly and basic zombie AI)
- A path system. (easily set-up a path for your AI to follow)
- Well documented Blueprints and easy to expand upon with your own variables.
- Does not rely on trigger boxes. (The system is set-up to calculate the distance to the player and use this information to make decisions)