Alt click on a node connection automatically disconnect it from the other nodes. And there is some nodes which can be easily summoned by pressing a key and clicking at the same time. Like B+click will place a branch, and S+click a sequence.
If you're willing to compile it, Aseprite is a great option as well.
check my website for the latest tips - always updating with new content!
Amit Kolay has shared a video breakdown of designing a pattern inside Allegrotihmic’s Substance Designer 6.
Here are the basic steps you will follow:
- pattern design
- creating a custom Ambient Occlusion output
- creating base color
- creating roughness
- creating normal
- creating and exposing parameters
- optimisation techniques
- testing the parameters in a new graph
- exporting the .sbsar file
- finally checking the .sbsar file in Painter