VUE without competition
Can you please give us a walkthrough how to implement this into Maya? would be super helpful. Thanks a lot.
The Quixel team launched their first Mixer challenge.
The team offers contestants to create all kinds of materials: from sci-fi to medieval, steampunk or any other era — you need to create one specific material of your liking with two different styles: realistic and stylized. Please note that these two materials should “share the same structure (or reference) and look similar in everything but their style.”
Here’s what you need to join:
- 1-2 renders of your photo-realistic material.
- 1-2 renders of your stylized material.
- 1 Optional turntable.
- One GIF/video for the realistic and another for the stylized version, both showcasing the layer stack in a similar fashion. Quixel recommends ShareX for recording such content.
You’ll need to create a topic in the Mixer Contests Section, with the following specs:
- A title like [Style Swap] Sci-fi Material.
- A description of the results you’re trying to achieve, and a reference(s) if you have any.
- Once you create the thread, the team will get in touch with you and boost your account with enough points to help you work stress-free on the contest.
You can learn more and get started here.
The goal of the ClearCut courses is to teach you a solid workflow that is used in the AAA game industry. The first episode covers the process of creating an AAA fire hydrant from start to finish.
Any future updates are included and will be available for download in case they are released. Next episodes are not included.