Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Trim Mask Generator for Substance Designer
31 January, 2019
Check out a generator for Substance Designer by Dennis Porter that facilitates quicker mask creation for trim sheets and other rectangular forms.
- Driven by Pixel Processors to maximize graph speed: ~7ms at 2K
- Fractional system automatically determines X/Y offset values for you, no need to use a calculator for precise offsets
- Unclamped parameter ranges allow masks to be as small as you need
- Individual control for height & width, vertical & horizontal position
- Mask interstice control, based on pixel size — uniform or custom X/Y controls
- Reference grid with division and thickness control
- Solid white mask output
- Luminance variation output by mask or by fraction
- X/Y gradient output
- Very Cheap Flood Fill output (~2ms vs 25+ms Flood Fill node)
- Custom inputs are automatically masked
- Sub-fractional X/Y offset for pattern input (to align within the mask)
- Non-square support
Extra functions if you have access to the SBSAR.
- isBetween – returns 0 or 1 for whether an input value is between two other values
- reciprocal_float1 – returns 1 divided by an input (for converting large numbers to their unit size in 0-1 decimal space)
- reciprocal_float2 – same as before except for a float2
- frac_float2 – it’s frac except it works with float2 inputs
- half_float1 – reduces input value by half
- Non-commercial license – SBSAR only
- Commercial licenses – SBS and SBSAR
You can learn more here.